dead finally

A general 'catch-all' discussion area shared by members and non-members alike.

Moderator: Staff

mini
Prolific

dead finally

Post by mini » Mon May 02, 2011 3:28 am

osama dead
small and fierce.........
Alienware 15 R3
6700HQ, 16 gig DDR4 @2667, 1060 GTX 6 gig, 128 SSD boot, 1000 gig Storage.

WolfPack
Exuberant

Re: dead finally

Post by WolfPack » Mon May 02, 2011 4:45 am

America [email protected]# yeah, with a couple helicopters of seals obama got it done!

An army of sheep led by a lion, can defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.

How much we ought to dread the jaws of hell, if the jaws of so small an animal as a wolf can make a whole city tremble through fear

ent
Prolific

Post by ent » Mon May 02, 2011 7:08 am

jackash
Prolific

Post by jackash » Mon May 02, 2011 10:36 am

We need a "like" button!

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Mon May 02, 2011 12:21 pm

..and now we can wear our shoes on to planes again!! -- oh, wait.. wut?

Smithy
Prolific

Post by Smithy » Mon May 02, 2011 3:08 pm

:finga:

I personally would like to see some proof tho.. Hell we had a "masked man" who apparently was Saddam Hussein Hung on Tv... how about some photo's? video? something to prove it really was him..

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Mon May 02, 2011 3:15 pm

I hear there's a pic of a guy that looks like him with a hole in his head.. DNA tests being conducted.. Too bad they couldn't catch him alive; even the crazy whacko waving his gun around at a shopping mall claiming he's going to 'fix america' gets interrogated and receives a trial -- now we'll never know how involved this guy was, who was funding all this, etc, etc. Just a cold, silent dead body, that's it. GGs.

ent
Prolific

Post by ent » Mon May 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Smithy wrote::finga:

I personally would like to see some proof tho.. Hell we had a "masked man" who apparently was Saddam Hussein Hung on Tv... how about some photo's? video? something to prove it really was him..
They will be able to verify DNA, they have samples from relatives as well as some cells of his own I believe.

NoOutsTwice
Fecund

Post by NoOutsTwice » Mon May 02, 2011 4:15 pm

It's so nice to see pics of jubilant crowds celebrating in the streets. We really needed some good news for a change. Way to go seal team 6! :ninja: =D>
win with honor

Crystal
Prolific

Post by Crystal » Mon May 02, 2011 6:09 pm

I think ive made up my mind that he's either been dead for years or is still alive. Not sure I believe a word of it. All seems rather convenient!

ent
Prolific

Post by ent » Mon May 02, 2011 6:14 pm

This guy unknowingly live tweeted the whole thing:

edit:
Joan Walsh, Salon.com wrote:I wish this achievement could mean we get our country back, the one before the Patriot Act, before FISA, before rendition and torture and Guantanamo; before we began giving up the freedom and belief in due process that makes us Americans, out of our fear of totalitarians like bin Laden.

Smithy
Prolific

Post by Smithy » Mon May 02, 2011 6:51 pm

NoOutsTwice wrote:It's so nice to see pics of jubilant crowds celebrating in the streets. We really needed some good news for a change. Way to go seal team 6! :ninja: =D>

That what i was saying to my coworks this morning.. when he mentioned a small us military team did all the work i was like.. WoW we have some bbbaaaaad asss mother fuckers running around lol.. Funny thing is it was Navy Seals should give them some Chest Thumping on the marines now haha..

Atomic
Opulent

Post by Atomic » Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Much as the guy got what he deserved would it not have been better to snatch him and put him on trial? I mean it was good enough for Saddam Hussein after all. I know the report says that Osama was resisting and without further information around that I guess there will always be questions, but rather than blow his face off would it not have been better to just taser the crap out of him instead & bundle him in a chopper?

Doing the way they have done they might as well have just dropped a couple of hellfires on the compound from a nearby predator drone and saved the risk to the SEAL team...

This just strikes me as being a case of getting revenge rather than getting justice. A subtle difference but an important one I suspect.

Holyman
Prolific

Post by Holyman » Mon May 02, 2011 9:10 pm

He wouldn't say anything, if he did it might have been damaging to the US, might as well make sure he can't do any more harm!

ent
Prolific

Post by ent » Mon May 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Atomic wrote:Much as the guy got what he deserved would it not have been better to snatch him and put him on trial?
Not if there was the slightest chance that he would escape or the odds of a SEAL casualty would increase as a result of attempting a capture, which was very likely. Also, men get arrested. Dogs get put down.