Blizzard, I am disappoint

A general 'catch-all' discussion area shared by members and non-members alike.

Moderator: Staff

Post Reply
User avatar
justice7ca
Prolific
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:17 am

Blizzard, I am disappoint

Post by justice7ca » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 pm

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889089807

tl;dr : You're locked to level 13 for the first 72 hours of D3.
As of patch 1.0.3, when purchasing a digital version of Diablo III through the online store or your Battle.net Account, players are restricted to the Starter Edition for the first 72 hours (sometimes less). Players on Starter Editions have the following restrictions:
Act I up to the Skeleton King is available
Level 13 cap
Matchmaking available only with other Starter Edition players
No Auction House access (Real Money or Gold)
Global Play is not available. Players attempting to connect to Diablo III Starter Edition in a region other than their Battle.net Account's home region will receive Error 12. See the Global Play support article for more information.

More information regarding the Starter Edition is available here:
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article ... guest-pass

If you are still encountering the Starter Edition restrictions over 72 hours past the date of purchase, please let Customer Service know: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact
[url=http://www.crackclan.com][img]http://i.imgur.com/PEYhp.png[/img][/url]

User avatar
justice7ca
Prolific
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Blizzard, I am disappoint

Post by justice7ca » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:49 pm

blizzard is in huge damage-control mode now, the quoted text I took from the page no longer exists, and now redirects to another re-worded page. lol.
[url=http://www.crackclan.com][img]http://i.imgur.com/PEYhp.png[/img][/url]

Holyman
Prolific
Posts: 3693
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:49 pm
Location: Nottingham, England

Re: Blizzard, I am disappoint

Post by Holyman » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:50 am

By damage control you mean they explained it properly so little hype kids don't go crazy? It's a perfectly sensible thing for blizzard to do.
Image

User avatar
justice7ca
Prolific
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Blizzard, I am disappoint

Post by justice7ca » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:58 am

Holyman wrote:By damage control you mean they explained it properly so little hype kids don't go crazy? It's a perfectly sensible thing for blizzard to do.
I wouldn't call limiting player usage for the first 72 hours of your game because you screwed up on the security and design is sensible...
[url=http://www.crackclan.com][img]http://i.imgur.com/PEYhp.png[/img][/url]

Holyman
Prolific
Posts: 3693
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:49 pm
Location: Nottingham, England

Re: Blizzard, I am disappoint

Post by Holyman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:22 pm

justice7ca wrote:
Holyman wrote:By damage control you mean they explained it properly so little hype kids don't go crazy? It's a perfectly sensible thing for blizzard to do.
I wouldn't call limiting player usage for the first 72 hours of your game because you screwed up on the security and design is sensible...
Blocking people from playing the full game until they've got payment confirmation is fair and sensible.
Image

User avatar
dox
Prolific
Posts: 18654
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:20 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Blizzard, I am disappoint

Post by dox » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Holyman wrote:
justice7ca wrote:
Holyman wrote:By damage control you mean they explained it properly so little hype kids don't go crazy? It's a perfectly sensible thing for blizzard to do.
I wouldn't call limiting player usage for the first 72 hours of your game because you screwed up on the security and design is sensible...
Blocking people from playing the full game until they've got payment confirmation is fair and sensible.
Wait.. what? It takes 72 hours to get payment confirmation? What is this, 1972?

Post Reply