[NA][TF2] The Spacewhales

All recruits post here, please follow the instructions if you're serious!

Moderator: Staff

Boomer

[NA][TF2] The Spacewhales

Post by Boomer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi, we are The Spacewhales. We have been around as a Team Fortress 2 team since March of 2010, progressing from low levels of play to our current position in ESEA-Invite. We formed before season 6 as a low open team, but quickly earned our place as an open playoff team with hard work and dedicated practice on the part of all 6 players. Soon after a 10-6 finish in our debut season, we made the necessary roster changes in order to continue growing as a team, while keeping as many players together as possible. During season 7 of intermediate, we made a name for ourselves with a strong 8-0 start to the season, which unfortunately did not last. Roster troubles hit us midway through the season and we finished 4th place, once again with a 10-6 record. Similar roster issues plagued the whales during season 8 in intermediate, where we landed yet another 10-6 finish. Unlike the majority of TF2 teams, we have stuck together through the rough patches and come out the other side as a much stronger team, and we were voted into Invite for season 9. We are currently 6th place in ESEA-I, with a 2-6 record halfway through the season. As only two of our members have invite experience, we are taking this season as a learning opportunity and are simply trying to get the most out of this season while preparing for the next. The astounding growth of North American Tf2 these past few months calls for greater growth at the top levels of play. The North American scene is currently sponsor hungry and is in danger of losing some of the prestige that comes with having sponsored teams to represent the top levels of play. This lack of sponsorship also endangers the one consistent LAN that the North American TF2 scene has the ESEA-I LAN held at the end of each season. The Spacewhales are currently contending for a spot this season and will be a top contender next season.

Our current roster:

boomer - Pocket Soldier
Founder of the Spacewhales
Previously played with season 8 invite team Apocalypse Gaming

blindtalent - Roaming Soldier
4th season with The Spacewhales

Felraiser - Medic
3rd season with The Spacewhales
Previously played with Team Helix, and Vicious Gaming

unf - Demoman
1st season with The Spacewhales
Previously played with season 7 invite team Area 51 Gaming, and season 8 Intermediate champions iDemise

ukm - Scout
2nd season with The Spacewhales
Previously played with No Talent, eXpertise, and CheckSix Gaming

eli - Scout
1st season with The Spacewhales

backups + close friends:

Slnt
Alfa
Zakirll

http://esea.net/teams/36867
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/spacewhales

dox
Prolific

Re: [NA][TF2] The Spacewhales

Post by dox » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:03 am

Thank you for your application -- we are currently on a North American trip with the team and will get back to you as soon as we can.

DennisTheMenace
Has barely posted

Post by DennisTheMenace » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:27 am

Oh my gosh, it's the whales.

I'd vouch for these guys, I remember playing with boomer on a team awhile back, along with Slnt, they were pretty humble, never outspoken and they've remained the same ever since.
Last edited by DennisTheMenace on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enef
Fecund

Post by Enef » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Good luck with your application, always nice to see more TF2 players and teams applying!
 /l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

Sometimes Glass Shimmers More Than Diamonds Because It Has More To Prove.

Slnty

Post by Slnty » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:37 pm

:D These guys are awesome.
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/207/d/0/slendy__s_sig_by_s1l3nt8ob-d41po0i.jpg[/img]

Boomer

Post by Boomer » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:39 pm

any update here?