[EU][SC2, BF3] Skiddywinks

All recruits post here, please follow the instructions if you're serious!

Moderator: Staff

Skiddywinks

[EU][SC2, BF3] Skiddywinks

Post by Skiddywinks » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Hey guys, my name is Mark, I'm 23 (as of yesterday!) and live in North Wales, UK. As you can probably tell from the thread title, I am most interested in playing BF3 (loving the beta so far) and SC2. To be honest, I haven't had a great deal of experience with the BF games. Having played the beta of, and subsequently buying, Bad Company 2, I always felt that something wasn't quite right. It didn't feel as smooth and spot on as CS 1.6 (nor Source for that matter), but was otherwise quite enjoyable. By the time I heard that BC2 was widely considered crap by most old school BF fans, BF3 was on the way, and seemed like it didn't have the same issues I had with BC2. So far, that seems the case. I will be sinking a lot of time in to this game.

As for SC2, I played the first (along with Brood War) through and through many a time. I never played it online, due to the sheer learning curve involved with online play, but when the SC2 beta rolled around, with only competitive ladder play, I had little choice and so threw myself in head first. And my God, I wish I had with the original SC. Now, I play a lot more (although not so much since the reset), follow the competitive scene closely (IPL and NASL being my current fixes, along with MLG whenever it's on) and have a hard time in general getting enough SC2.

The main reason I had for joining a clan was that I am sick of pubbing with the typical pub player. Far too often to players focus more on killing and scores than they do on actually being a good team player and completing objectives. Too many Rambos for my liking. I am looking for a professionally run clan that plays competitively. Obviously fun is important, but I'm the kind of person who gets the most fun from being part of a highly skilled, intelligent team. Winning is obviously amazing, but I realise that it has been a while since I took any FPS so seriously (probably CS1.6 back in the day, I spent a lot of my life on that game), and so even losing to a similarly composed team is great, since I can learn something from it, rather than feeling the majority of my team have no idea what they are doing. For this reason, I take owning a mic very seriously. You can't possibly play a team game without communication, so I bought a boom mic recently to attach to my headphones.

As for SC2, I didn't even realise you guys were involved with it, and I am currently buddy-less so it will be great having people to practice with and get advice from. Massive plus, that one.

Your clan first came up when I was doing some google-fu and checking reddit for any decent, competitive clans. After reading through your about page, and taking a look around the site, I very much like what I am seeing and can only hope you guys feel the same about me! I will be going out tonight to celebrate my birthday, so won't be available from around 8PM UTC. But if someone is free to chat before then or what-not, then I would love to get the ball rolling.

Thanks for reading, and hope to have a reply soon!
Skid

Bradders
Fecund

Re: [EU][SC2, BF3] Skiddywinks

Post by Bradders » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi skid and welcome to the forums. Holyman is the person to speak to ref SC2, ref BF3 we are in the process of putting a team together within the EU side but you are welcome on comms, I look forward to playing with you.

Skiddywinks

Post by Skiddywinks » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:40 am

Hey man, thanks for the warm welcome and the info. Where can I go to find out what I need to do to get on comms with you guys?

And is it worth me messaging Holyman, or should I wait for him to see this thread?

Bradders
Fecund

Post by Bradders » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:17 pm

I've pm'd you

Holyman
Prolific

Post by Holyman » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Well it depends in what you're more interested in, if it's BF3 then bradders will take care of you but you're more than welcome to hop into the SC2 channel and play/watch mlg,nasl etc with us!

add me on bnet irish.734

Cicchetti
Opulent

Post by Cicchetti » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:48 am

Hey, Skiddy great post welcome! Look forward to playing Battlefield 3 with you some more!
NA: BF2142
NA: BFBC2
NA: BF3 Council

Skiddywinks

Post by Skiddywinks » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:31 am

Hey man! Thanks, and the same goes to you!*

*So long as you are on my team

Vengeance
Prolific

Post by Vengeance » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:13 am

Seems like a pretty awesomely chill guy! Welcome to the forums!

Skiddywinks

Post by Skiddywinks » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:58 am

Guys, guys; you're making me blush.

justice7ca
Prolific

Post by justice7ca » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:05 pm

Played with Skiddy a few times now. Good guy, good times! :)
See you on the battlefield!
[url=http://www.crackclan.com][img]http://i.imgur.com/PEYhp.png[/img][/url]

Minter
Elite

Post by Minter » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Welcome the Forums,

Have sent you a private message.
Intel qx9650 (Overclocked) 4.2 Ghz
Evga GTX 590 Classified
Corsair Dominator 1066 Mhz - 4Gbs 2x2gb
XFX 780i Sli Motherboard
Western Digital Caviar Black 500Gbs
Coolermaster 850w Silent Pro
Sound Blaster x-fi Soundcard
Antec 900 Chassis
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

jackash
Prolific

Post by jackash » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:24 pm

BUMP, its been a month now.

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:30 pm

We are in the process of building an EU division which will allow us to accept/deny these kinds of applications; this will likely be in place by the end of this week which will also give us the constituency structure we need in order to democratically elect new members.