[NA]BF3 jROON

All recruits post here, please follow the instructions if you're serious!

Moderator: Staff

jROON
Has barely posted

[NA]BF3 jROON

Post by jROON » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:43 am

Hey guys,

I'm looking to join CC for BF3. I've started playing competitive PC games sometime when 1942 was big...I'll say somewhere in mid 2003. I played BF2 and 2142 heavily, stepped away from BF because it was dead on PC, and came back to the BFBC2 competitive scene for the entire two weeks that it was big, and stepped away again. When I left BF I played CS:S and TF2 competitively, but didn't spend enough time or effort at either to get good or serious. I guess since the spring of 2010 I've basically been away from PC gaming out of disappointment for what it had become. Every time that I've walked away from gaming has been because either the clan disbanded or the game's community died.

As much as I tried to resist the BF3 urge, I couldn't, and here I am posting today :) Originally Smithy recruited me as a free agent off the MLG ladder. After talking to him, I signed on Mumble and played through the entire BF3 beta with some of you guys. The game looks good (at least a lot better than BC2 looked before it was released) and I have hope for the competitive community. We still don't have battle recorder or a couple of other things, but it should work out :)

I've had a lot of fun playing BF2 and BC2 with you guys over the past three weeks, and definitely think CC is a good fit for me, and I'm a good fit for CC. Cicchetti was going over how competition is run around here, and I like the approach. Hopefully I can get into some competitive matches with you guys if everything works out. However, what I'm really looking for deep down is teamwork. I've never taken BC2 seriously and I think it's because I didn't have a team to play with...I would just hop into a server (with a couple of friends if they were on) and just play a round. I really miss the days of being able to fill up a server with a couple of squads and take it over. By myself, or even with a few friends there was never enough coordination or never enough people to make an impact in a round. In BF2 I remember how awed I was at being able to win a round by literally a ticket as we capped a flag.

A little bit about myself outside of gaming: I'm 22 and graduated this past spring from USC with a B.S. in Industrial & Systems Engineering. I recently started working at Mattel as a business analyst in the global IT department (so yes, I guess I help make toys for a living :P). I live in a suburb of Los Angeles and have spent my entire life here. I'm really into cars and am always looking for parts or working on mine. I also like sports; mainly football, European soccer, and basketball. I play golf when I have time (even though I'm awful at it) and am pretty involved in weight training. Another random fact is that I love watching Top Gear and reading automotive magazines from the UK (Evo is my favorite). Combine this with the fact that I love European soccer, and you might as well think I'm from Europe. I also occasionally play some games on my Xbox 360 (FIFA 12, GoW3, Forza 4). Feel free to add me on there, my gamertag is "jROON x". Whenever Battlelog gets back up, please add me in BF3 as well: "jROON3".

Thanks! Look forward to some good times ahead with you guys! :)

Arun

Cicchetti
Opulent

Re: [NA]BF3 jROON

Post by Cicchetti » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:59 am

I would like to formally welcome you!
I'm excited you spent some time playing, and getting to know us. I look forward to seeing you on the Battlefield some more, and will be fun to have you in our squad come launch!
NA: BF2142
NA: BFBC2
NA: BF3 Council

Bradders
Fecund

Post by Bradders » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:09 pm

welcome to the forums mate

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Hey hey, glad to see you formally apply! Looking forward to it!

Smithy
Prolific

Post by Smithy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:54 pm

hey welcome to the forums jroon.. glad to see you make it in here see you on mumble!

BlackHawk5
Prolific

Post by BlackHawk5 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Welcome to the Crack House forums, I think you'll find what you're looking for here. See you on the battlefield!

redfireant3
Prolific

Post by redfireant3 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:11 pm

hey long time good play!

Vengeance
Prolific

Post by Vengeance » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 am

GG's last night. Welcome to the forums!

jROON
Has barely posted

Post by jROON » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:13 am

Thanks for the warm welcome...great to see some familiar faces!

justice7ca
Prolific

Post by justice7ca » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:35 pm

hey jROON, good games the last couple nights in BC2. Welcome!!!!!!
[url=http://www.crackclan.com][img]http://i.imgur.com/PEYhp.png[/img][/url]

mini
Prolific

Post by mini » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:30 pm

welcome dude i will see you on the battlefield
small and fierce.........
Alienware 15 R3
6700HQ, 16 gig DDR4 @2667, 1060 GTX 6 gig, 128 SSD boot, 1000 gig Storage.