Middle East

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

Coolshot
Banned

Middle East

Post by Coolshot » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:26 am

Well.....you know....I was meant to have been going to Lebanon at the end of the month to go see some potential clients......now the airport has just bombed I think thats in doubt.....oh well

Proud to be part of the 1000th member club

weezer
Prolific

Post by weezer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:03 am

I wouldnt want to go anywhere in which the Air Port was just bombed.

A.Mo.K
Prolific

Post by A.Mo.K » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:43 am

weezer wrote:I wouldnt want to go anywhere in which the Air Port was just bombed.
same here...
kfir whats the situation over there? doesnt sound pretty nice from what i heard and have seen in TV, what do u have to do there? army? :shock:
"Oh naughy boy, stop touching me!" - Phoenix, May 23rd, 2007
"Sir, yes, sir! I'm BORN to do a hell of a lot, sir!" - Phoenix, May, 2nd 2007

5URF3R
Prolific

Post by 5URF3R » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:35 pm

Coolshot stay away from the Middle East man...that place is so frigging dangerous (obviously). I would even stay out of Asia altogether (excluding the eastern countries of course). I'm sure none of us would want anything bad to happen to you dude

EasyM
Intermediate poster

Post by EasyM » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:43 pm

Like the others say Coolshot, I'd stay away from the whole area for the moment, it's got the potential to escalate very badly very fast.

cc//Kill3rB
Intermediate poster

Post by cc//Kill3rB » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:30 pm

Just give me a sniper's rilfe and place me 1000 yards away from any dictator and it will be good night for that person!!

I can make your passage safe coolshot :wink:

KIDDING BTW (Obviously), Take the others advice m8, dont even think of going over there. We dont want you to become a potential target for these lunatics. Stay safely behind your comp and only visit the middle east through BF2 :D

PhoeniX
Prolific

Post by PhoeniX » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:38 pm

Avoiding Asia alltogether is a bit over-reacting in my opinion. But yeah, it's never a bad idea to stay out of a country that's under attack by one of the best trained armies of the world. Last thing I read in the papers is that Israel has intentions to create a full sea/air block of Lebanon (and they're bombing Lebanon's infrastructure to 20 years back).

I hardly believe it's a 'strategic' step of Hezbollah to kidnap those two Israeli soldiers, after what's happening to the Gaza strip at the moment. Of course I condemn the terrorist act of both the Palestinian militants as well as the Hezbollah members. However Israel's reaction is disproportionate IMO. Civilians are being killed, civilian buildings (such as bridges, university in Gaza, power plants) are being bombed.

Then again.. What can Israel do? Diplomacy is pretty much out of the question ("we don't talk with terrorists"), and they can't do nothing at all.. I can understand the severe attacks of Israel in Gaza and Lebanon (up to a certain point that is), but I certainly don't support these military invasions.

There's only one victim here, and that's the civilian population in these areas..

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:58 pm

They're all twats. The sooner they all totally disarm the better -- like that's ever going to happen. /me crosses middle east off of his travel list.

Humor
Prolific

Post by Humor » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:12 pm

Its indeed hard, a mess and very difficult to solve.

One hard fact remains, Israel is the only country in the world that really cares for individual soldiers and their own people.
History has proof of that, entebbe 1986, the search for Ron Arrad and some more. The will go to great lengths to get them or their bodies back.

No one else will help/support them so in a way they are alone and with backs to the wall.

The violence spiral is a very difficult one to break I think.
cc// -------------> Never a dull moment!
My Cod_4 Videos
"The juice is worth the squeeze" =>Forrest Griffin, coach TUF07

Coolshot
Banned

Post by Coolshot » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:35 pm

Bombing 20 years back cant be that bad? The 80's rocked!

I travel to the middle east abit, nicest people your ever gonna meet the arabs, welcoming you into their home....but then im not jewish....or american!

It will pass, hoping to go by end of august now

Proud to be part of the 1000th member club

Holyman
Prolific

Post by Holyman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:36 pm

Coolshot wrote:It will pass, hoping to go by end of august now
because the last time they occupied gaza was only for a month right? :P

Escobar
Prolific

Post by Escobar » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:34 pm

Coolshot wrote:Bombing 20 years back cant be that bad? The 80's rocked!

I travel to the middle east abit, nicest people your ever gonna meet the arabs, welcoming you into their home....but then im not jewish....or american!

It will pass, hoping to go by end of august now
almost all the arabs i met were asshats
Representing The REAL 0nes

"I tried to quit puffing before, but im no quitter"
-Method Man

kfirush
Exuberant

Post by kfirush » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:19 pm

well...
i read all of your posts here and i dont write 2 good so i'll do it in short way.
guys!
israel destroy strategic place not because they have nothing 2 do, it's because israel dont want them 2 have more weapons from outstat, 2)israel dont want that the soliders(hijack) will transfer 2 other place's,3)israel NOT attack ISRAEL Defense forces and if any of u like 2 read more or talk i am on ts and this is link about this FUCKERS!:

btw sry on the spelling mistakes

http://www.intelligence.org.il/eng/default.htm

Shaddowmaster
Prolific

Post by Shaddowmaster » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:02 pm

frankly, I wouldn't even go near the middle-east

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:57 pm

Shaddowmaster wrote:frankly, I wouldn't even go near the middle-east
Chicken! Grow a pair!