Terror on israel (hard 2 watch)

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

Evil Ed
Prolific

Post by Evil Ed » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:26 pm

I dont have really much to say about this but i feel for Kfir. He's pretty much as close to the war as you never want to get. As far as i remember he came home from work one day to hear he lost 5 or 6 people he knew.

What's written above is the POV of 1 person in Israel. As you all know when you kill somebody you steal the souls of at least 10 people related to the victim. So White Knight, i can understand that you hate war and i bet we all hate war aswell, but keep it cool if you want to state your opinion. Foums were made to speak your mind ofcourse, but under certain circumstances.

"Love, peace and understanding." as our everyday hero says.

A.Mo.K
Prolific

Post by A.Mo.K » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:32 pm

Evil Ed wrote:I dont have really much to say about this but i feel for Kfir. He's pretty much as close to the war as you never want to get. As far as i remember he came home from work one day to hear he lost 5 or 6 people he knew.

What's written above is the POV of 1 person in Israel. As you all know when you kill somebody you steal the souls of at least 10 people related to the victim. So White Knight, i can understand that you hate war and i bet we all hate war aswell, but keep it cool if you want to state your opinion. Foums were made to speak your mind ofcourse, but under certain circumstances.

"Love, peace and understanding." as our everyday hero says.

hell that s a word! and yes knight, i for example think that bush is a stupid f*ckface, but i dont say it :wink:
"Oh naughy boy, stop touching me!" - Phoenix, May 23rd, 2007
"Sir, yes, sir! I'm BORN to do a hell of a lot, sir!" - Phoenix, May, 2nd 2007

Holyman
Prolific

Post by Holyman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:50 pm

A.Mo.K wrote: hell that s a word! and yes knight, i for example think that bush is a stupid f*ckface, but i dont say it :wink:
why? everyone else says it.

Evil Ed
Prolific

Post by Evil Ed » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:12 pm

Holyman wrote:
A.Mo.K wrote: hell that s a word! and yes knight, i for example think that bush is a stupid f*ckface, but i dont say it :wink:
There's your problem with the americans.

Asher
Copius

Post by Asher » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:39 pm

Holyman wrote:shame theres no videos showing the needless destruction of civilian buildings and the taking of civilian lives in lebanon by an actual army rather than a small group of extremists.
if by needles you mean Israel firing on military targets from which rockest are being FIRED at israel. Than yes its needless.
GET OFF ME!!!

...Fear No Hardship...

White Knight
Prolific

Post by White Knight » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:56 pm

I think what's going on in israel/lebanon/iran now is just an oxymoronic state of affairs, hence why i said zionist-nazis, they're all acting like nazi germany was... but that's an oxymoron because they're a predominantly jewish state. blah blah blah, you get the picture. i don't think hezbollah are right or anything, i think they're all fucking stupid to be honest, and i blame religion. oh wellll. i was drunk when i wrote the other things before, haha.

Shörner
Intermediate poster

Post by Shörner » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:43 am

w/e.

I dont blame religion. I blame fundamentalism. Pat Robertson, Bin Laden, they are both great examples of the evils of fundamentalism.
He fell in october 1918, on a day that was so quiet and still on the whole front, that the army report confined itself to the single scentence: "ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT"

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:08 am

Shörner wrote:w/e.

I dont blame religion. I blame fundamentalism. Pat Robertson, Bin Laden, they are both great examples of the evils of fundamentalism.
Quoted for being what I deem the truth :)

g0ose
Prolific

Post by g0ose » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:58 am

Evil Ed wrote:
Holyman wrote:
There's your problem with the americans.
what exactly are you saying is wrong with me?

Kali
Fecund

Post by Kali » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:15 am

War atrocities are committed by both sides of any conflict and im afraid the civilians are just considered collateral damage :x

I can assure you the Military commanders and mostly the politicians dont care about the other sides civilian population, The only thing they do care about is to much bad press over thier indiscriminate bombing targets.

There are issues going on that we never see in the press or is blacked out and Media is controlled to make one side look better then the other or to sway public opinion :wink:

And fear tactics are used the most these days with catchy frases used like weapons of mass desrtuction , Terrorists plots , Axis of evil , We have to be vigilant 100% the Terrorists only have to get it right once are just a few terms used over and over again.

Propaganda and brainwashing is alive and well just turn on your TV :P