Sanctiotions to protect the world, right...

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

Holyman
Prolific

Post by Holyman » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:19 pm

Just because someone does something in the past doesn't mean they'll do it again in the future :wink:

zappa
Has barely posted

Post by zappa » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:20 pm

[quote="Bar-Steward"]I don't think he does - or anyone, but I think the point he is making is that Bush is going around with the strong arm making yet more enemies for the world to have to sort out.

Does anyone actually think that doing this to Iran will make one blind bit of difference?

They will just come out of sanctions with nuclear weapons and a score to settle...[/quote The USA isnt making more enemies by by confronting Islamic Facism. These facists were always there waiting to bring us back to the 7th century, they didnt need any help. Iran with a nuclear bomb, is that what you want, your appeasment and being in denial will get us all killed.

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:36 pm

Uh-oh! We've got someone that has bought in to the latest Bush-ism and is slingin' around "Islamic Fascism"! :)

I don't see - currently and mathematically speaking - how the continued battle is not increasing the amount of 'enemies'. For every muslim killed there'll be more outraged fighters joining that cause. I can see this being the case until there's a massive increase in the kill ratio that the US troops are getting; if you kill someone AND their whole family AND their neighbors then you'll be getting somewhere, otherwise they're just adding up, regrouping and increasing their numbers.

As to nuclear weapons: I for one am not interested in seeing their proliferation, but then again looking at numbers and history it's only been the US that has actually dropped them on people. The whole situation strikes me as terribly ironic even if it's in the best interest of the planet.

redfireant3
Prolific

Post by redfireant3 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:02 pm

i think they should have a nuclear power program france does it yeah bad example but what accidents have they had? maybe a UN inspector on site 24/7 in an on site trailer ya know. for Irans saftey and the world. we never stopped russia why the big deal with Iran...? oh yeah they have oil we gotta control that! why cant we follow swedens example mind our own business and fix our own country before we destroy others.

curtis84
Prolific

Post by curtis84 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:06 pm

redfireant3 wrote:i think they should have a nuclear power program france does it yeah bad example but what accidents have they had? maybe a UN inspector on site 24/7 in an on site trailer ya know. for Irans saftey and the world. we never stopped russia why the big deal with Iran...? oh yeah they have oil we gotta control that! why cant we follow swedens example mind our own business and fix our own country before we destroy others.
we never stopped russia??? WTF, this is a country that we all nearly had WW3 with, we never stopped russia??? answer we could not stop russia, look how close it came to a nuke war. fact is we CAN stop iran, force or overwise, it should be done, it has to be done. Iran has said that they would wipe israel off the map? with a nuke do u think they would, i do.

PhoeniX
Prolific

Post by PhoeniX » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:36 pm

I don't believe at all that Iran would ever use a possible future nuclear weapon against any country (including Israel). They'll just use it a as a 'dangerous thing' during negotiations and stuff..

zappa
Has barely posted

Post by zappa » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:27 pm

PhoeniX wrote:I don't believe at all that Iran would ever use a possible future nuclear weapon against any country (including Israel). They'll just use it a as a 'dangerous thing' during negotiations and stuff..
Your enemies are counting on you to think that way. Death to these facists is only the begining of a new and wonderful life.

RingoCalamity
Prolific

Post by RingoCalamity » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:11 am

zappa wrote:
PhoeniX wrote:I don't believe at all that Iran would ever use a possible future nuclear weapon against any country (including Israel). They'll just use it a as a 'dangerous thing' during negotiations and stuff..
Your enemies are counting on you to think that way. Death to these facists is only the begining of a new and wonderful life.
They're saying the same thing about us.

Who's the savages?

Love the symmetry.

redfireant3
Prolific

Post by redfireant3 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:16 am

RingoCalamity wrote: They're saying the same thing about us.
Who's the savages?
Love the symmetry.
religion ftw.

BarSteward
Prolific

Post by BarSteward » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:15 am

Basically this has is a question of trust. The US does not trust Iran because Iran has a closed mentatlity.

I will remind you all that Isreal has undeclared nuclear weapons when the purchased the knowledge from Pakistan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_powers. Isreal is not a part of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and will not deny or acknowledge the fact that they have nuclear weapons even though they are suspected of testing weapons in 1979.

Are we surprise if Iran wants them if Isreal has them?

And besides this, Iran is just not going to take the US demanding anything from them considering their stance to the US.

Escobar
Prolific

Post by Escobar » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:02 pm

blow them all so we can get this thing over with.

and i seriously think it.
Representing The REAL 0nes

"I tried to quit puffing before, but im no quitter"
-Method Man

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:03 pm

Escobar wrote:blow them all so we can get this thing over with.
UP, he meant blow them all UP

BarSteward
Prolific

Post by BarSteward » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:21 pm

lmfao.... :P

Ballistic
Prolific

Post by Ballistic » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:08 pm

1) red, you Americans got it pretty good, come to Canada and you wont compain about taxes for much longer. We even produce way more oil than the Americans, and were getting shafted on gas prices to. In fact, were one of the few Countries that produces more energy than it uses.

2) The Americans take the blame for everything even when its the UN doing the business. The UN is trying to stop Irans nuclear program, its just that the Americans are with the UN, and they are the super power, so people automatically blame bush and the US.

3) Countries should not be allowed to have nuclear technology unless it has proven to the world it is safe for the world. I dont want any countries in the middle east with nuclear technology, because that makes it easier for the Terrorists to get their hands on it.
Last edited by Ballistic on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"They don't pay you to play, they pay you to practice, to work hard, to be a pro. If you can't play it for free on Sunday you're in it for the wrong reasons" - Brett Favre

Ballistic
Prolific

Post by Ballistic » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:08 pm

Escobar wrote:blow them all so we can get this thing over with.

and i seriously think it.
I have thought that a few times myself.
"They don't pay you to play, they pay you to practice, to work hard, to be a pro. If you can't play it for free on Sunday you're in it for the wrong reasons" - Brett Favre