Hitler of Iran Speaks at UN

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

Rage
Prolific

Post by Rage » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:30 pm

wyldman wrote: I still want to find where he's calling for death to the infidels. Ironic to me is Islam and Christians worship the same god
they do not worship the same God

Islam worships Allah

Christians worship the holy trinity
God, Holy Ghost, Christ
"I would change the world, but God won't give me the source code"

RingoCalamity
Prolific

Post by RingoCalamity » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:34 pm

He doesn't call for death of the infidels (that I know of), it's the Zionists that he's after - which is different somehow than (most) Jews, although he seems to feel they're some kinda sinister Jewish secret society or something. I don't know.

Anybody notice his comments on Israel in Time magazine this week? Apparently, when he says that Israel should be "wiped off the map", he doesn't mean killed. He says that the displaced Palestinians should be able to move back in and then a refurrendum should be held to see who gets the land - or something like that.

He also feels that for other countries in the world (like the US) support the idea of a country for the Jews, they should give them the land for it.

Look, I'm not defending the guy, but at least he's not actually calling for genocide. I recommend reading the interview, there's some stuff in there about his holocaust denials as well, but he's pretty evasive on the topic, didn't leave me convinced. Definitely possible that after the interview was over, he called Mel Gibson over for cocktails.

wyldman
Has barely posted

Post by wyldman » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:30 am

He commands His creatures to enjoin one another to righteousness and virtue and not to sin and transgression. All Divine prophets from the Prophet Adam (peace be upon him) to the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him), to the Prophet Jesus Christ (peace be upon him), to the Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him),
this from: His Excellency Dr. Mahmoud Ahmadi-Nejad

President of the Islamic Republic of Iran

Before the 61st Session of the General assembly

New York, 19 September 2006
Rage wrote:
they do not worship the same God

Islam worships Allah

Christians worship the holy trinity
God, Holy Ghost, Christ
Yea I think Allah is the muslim name for God. I may be mistaken tho. Definately based on the same god. I think they dont believe Jesus is the son of God and there was another prophet after him (Mohammad).

RingoCalamity
Prolific

Post by RingoCalamity » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:47 am

True. Just like Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism, Islam's an offshoot of Christianity. Jesus is another prophet in a line of prophets, with Mohammed being the critical messenger - although he isn't considered (I don't think) divine like Jesus, he was just a conduit.