English Political Correctness

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

Contrast
Exuberant

Re: English Political Correctness

Post by Contrast » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:38 pm

Ok so you want to abolish freedom of speech? Or rather, you want to abolish freedom of speech for immigrants?
Abolish freedom of speech for immigrants?

When they say shit about blowing people up, london bombings good, british troops should die. Yes.

Honestly, if someone said that they hoped british troops came home in body bags (which they have) I wouldn't blink an eye to see 'em hanged in front of buckingham or somethin. I'm not talking about a dictatorship, but there are other ways of saying "i dont want british troops in iraq" than "i want them to come home in bodybags", its people like that, that push bombers - at the end of the day soldiers dont only represent the country in probably the most extreme way, but they have families etc - and still go off to war.

Something that made me laugh, some guy was fasting for ramadan is it? and when it got midnight, he was so hungry that he caught a swan, bit its neck and starting eating it raw.

Now, Swans belong to the Queen, and so you'd think well-known historic laws like that would be upheld, after its part of british culture - what does he get? 30 hours in a cell.
Hit me with the zigga the jigga the bigger the trigger the bigger the bang got bigger beef to tang

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:13 pm

Contrast wrote:
Ok so you want to abolish freedom of speech? Or rather, you want to abolish freedom of speech for immigrants?

When they say shit about blowing people up, london bombings good, british troops should die. Yes.
..but when they say shit about blowing people up, Iraqi bombings good, Muslim civilians should die.. Then let 'em, right? After all, it makes all the difference as to who you're talking about killing!

Frozty
Opulent

Post by Frozty » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:25 pm

dox wrote:
Contrast wrote:

..but when they say shit about blowing people up, Iraqi bombings good, Muslim civilians should die.. Then let 'em, right? After all, it makes all the difference as to who you're talking about killing!
As usual its all a matter of personal intrest. This time Contrast has used the freedom of speech for ventilating his ideas of the world. But i am on the same track as the others. You just exercised your right contrast. Let the other people use it as well. If its freedom of speech then its for everyone. Not just the ones that agree with you own opinions.

And no this isn't meant as an personal offense
Despite your fear, don't despair, because Das_richter is here!
Life is a bowling alley, and you are the pin!

Contrast
Exuberant

Post by Contrast » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:19 pm

Still, I'd have the respect that if I were in another country, not to take advantage of the system.
Hit me with the zigga the jigga the bigger the trigger the bigger the bang got bigger beef to tang

PhoeniX
Prolific

Post by PhoeniX » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:26 pm

dox wrote:
Contrast wrote:

^^^^^^

Contrast
Exuberant

Post by Contrast » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:42 pm

dox wrote:
Contrast wrote:

I never said that people who say stuff like that shouldnt be punished just as harshly :)

curtis84
Prolific

Post by curtis84 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:47 pm

Contrast wrote:
PhoeniX wrote:Ok so you want to abolish freedom of speech? Or rather, you want to abolish freedom of speech for immigrants?

anti-terrorism law, insightin terrorism act... they are sent striaght back when they do start talking about blowin up london.

Contrast
Exuberant

Post by Contrast » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:52 pm

curtis84 wrote:
Contrast wrote:
PhoeniX wrote:Ok so you want to abolish freedom of speech? Or rather, you want to abolish freedom of speech for immigrants?

anti-terrorism law, insightin terrorism act... they are sent striaght back when they do start talking about blowin up london.
But they keep the houses theyre letting for £50,000 a year ;)

RingoCalamity
Prolific

Post by RingoCalamity » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:16 pm

When do you cross the line between democracy and a tyranny of the majority?

beelzebub
Prolific

Post by beelzebub » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:26 pm

the blatant answer here is to elect me supreme ruler of the earth

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:43 pm

beelzebub wrote:the blatant answer here is to elect me supreme ruler of the earth
get in line, right behind me :)

beelzebub
Prolific

Post by beelzebub » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:59 pm

no way am I getting sloppy seconds! VIVA LA BEEZALUTION!!!

curtis84
Prolific

Post by curtis84 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:27 am

beelzebub wrote:the blatant answer here is to elect me supreme ruler of the earth
you'd be the first, and the last ruler of the world. since you would have blown it up.

Moorzo
Elite

Post by Moorzo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:07 pm

I've noticed a trend in that everyone going extremely against contrasts views dont live here in the UK ?
Too pro for one, or lazy ....... you decide !

R3ckless
Prolific

Post by R3ckless » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:44 am

My god how did I miss this thread. Glad someone has finally had the bottle to post it here and be subjected to everyones counter arguments :) You make some damn good points there, you aren't the only one fed up with the way this country is run, glad you made the point about prisons and not just immigrants (how can we forget these lazy cunts that are 100% British claiming benefits too).
Moorzo wrote:I've noticed a trend in that everyone going extremely against contrasts views dont live here in the UK ?

Seems about right, any Brits going to step forward and disagree with it all?