You can't make this stuff up..

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

dox
Prolific

You can't make this stuff up..

Post by dox » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:49 am

WARNING: Things die in the background, jerking about while the genius being interviewed prattles on with her talking hand clenched, holding her latte. If you can sit through listening to her voice then you can also probably handle the violence in the background :)

Humor
Prolific

Re: You can't make this stuff up..

Post by Humor » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:17 pm

Lol
This was a neat environement (1:59)?
The day i understand women is the day i stop breathing i guess. :D
cc// -------------> Never a dull moment!
My Cod_4 Videos
"The juice is worth the squeeze" =>Forrest Griffin, coach TUF07

Choppo
Exuberant

Post by Choppo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:23 am

Love her.

Power$hot
Prolific

Post by Power$hot » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:20 am

She cleaned and gutted that Turkey herself, fuck yea. Dox must have fainted at the site of so much blood. :)

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Well, I know you're speaking metaphorically but surely one could choose something more subtle than a slaughtered animal on television to represent how they butchered their own political campaign and public image..

Humor
Prolific

Post by Humor » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:52 pm

Un comprehensible.
Or simply just not thinking... :D
cc// -------------> Never a dull moment!
My Cod_4 Videos
"The juice is worth the squeeze" =>Forrest Griffin, coach TUF07

Choppo
Exuberant

Post by Choppo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:56 pm

dox wrote:Well, I know you're speaking metaphorically but surely one could choose something more subtle than a slaughtered animal on television to represent how they butchered their own political campaign and public image..

I know you'll think this is sad but Governor Palin brought more votes to the ticket than anyone else could have brought. And just last week she campaigned for Chambliiss in Georgia and helped him secure victory and in turn blocked the Dems chances at having a 60 seat majority. Now, she may not be presidential material but she has by no means ruined her own image. And this is for sure not the last we will hear from her.

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:44 pm

Choppo wrote:
dox wrote:Well, I know you're speaking metaphorically but surely one could choose something more subtle than a slaughtered animal on television to represent how they butchered their own political campaign and public image..

I know you'll think this is sad but Governor Palin brought more votes to the ticket than anyone else could have brought. And just last week she campaigned for Chambliiss in Georgia and helped him secure victory and in turn blocked the Dems chances at having a 60 seat majority. Now, she may not be presidential material but she has by no means ruined her own image. And this is for sure not the last we will hear from her.
Oh, sorry, I'm sure you're right there -- I was speaking within the context of the international stage, I'm sure on a national level she will continue to thrill and impress Americans and is far from being done there..

Choppo
Exuberant

Post by Choppo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:50 pm

lol @ the "international stage".

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:04 pm

The rest of the world loves you too :)

Choppo
Exuberant

Post by Choppo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:11 am

Leaders of the world or people of the world...two different things.

Hans
Prolific

Post by Hans » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:31 pm

I guess if this guy wasn't preparing our food for us, we would have to do it. Any good at slaughtering Dox?

I suppose you are talking about not liking Palin. Ok, we get it. Guess what, we like her.

Or are you slamming her for giving an interview at a slaughtering house? If so, it says more about you than it does her.

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:12 pm

Never mind, please accept my apologies: I didn't realize how ambiguous my initial post was. You must be right, I've got to be some kind of vegan and generally clueless as to how politicians are meant to handle their image. Clearly my old fogey ways are out of touch with these things, there's nothing humourous nor ironic about this video or the way she handled herself whatsoever - I suppose I should get ready for the next one featuring her dropping deuce while talking about her NYE plans. Gosh, you mean this hamburger was ALIVE at some point? Gross! I think I just got enlightened a bit, here I was thinking that it was a mistake but it was on purpose for reasons I'm too dumb to understand; gosh, I envy your blind faith, political stuff is neat - can we talk about Jesus next?

Vengeance
Prolific

Post by Vengeance » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:30 pm

lol I love politics on the Internets.

Choppo
Exuberant

Post by Choppo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Yes tons of lols.

But really what would it be like around here if the few of us who disagree weren't here? My guess it would be just like this...

cc//Leftywacko: Hey can you believe Palin believes inn GOD? OMG.

cc//BleedingHeartLiberal: OMG noes not another one. Believing in GOD is so fail.

cc//Treehugger: Oh have you heard, Conservatives eat babies.

cc//Leftywacko: OMG noes a baby! That's what abortions are for. Damn those silly Conservatives still having babies.

cc//BleedingHeartLiberal: Hello! Roe v. Wade. You conservatives are so fail. We gave you a means to kill your babies...use it.

cc//Treehugger: LOL OMG LOL I just saw a person driving an SUV. He must be a conservative. Damn it SUV's are so uber fail. Actually they are made of all things fail. Don't the Conservatives know the earth is running out of oil let alone warming at alarming rates! Our oceans are going to swallow us whole. OMG Conservatives FAIL at Earth!

cc//Leftywacko: Alright enough of this I'm getting depressed...off to Yoga class.

cc//BleedingheartLiberal: Yeah enough...I have some Polar Bears to save.

cc//Treehugger: I'm riding my bicycle to the market to buy tofu.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: