You can't make this stuff up..

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

dox
Prolific

Re: You can't make this stuff up..

Post by dox » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:24 pm

Don't get me wrong, I deeply value hearing opinions that are opposite of mine - but it defeats the point if you can't put yourself in to someone else's shoes for a moment; is it THAT far a stretch to find something inappropriate or amusing about the video? No, it isn't unless you attend the Church of Palin it seems..

I'm very very glad that there's people that hold beliefs in things like Palin's excellence, all I know is what (little?) I get via various media outlets from a country I no longer live in - but that's the point; I get the news, I analyze it and make my own judgment and see how it compares to others by speaking about it.

I don't think there's anything WRONG with holding an interview while animals are being slaughtered behind you, or anything wrong with slaughtering animals for food. I do however think that it provides comedy, distraction and an overall unprofessional presentation which strikes me as something that has to be unintended or somehow bewilderingly intentional. Surely you can see that.. There's sure to be plenty of missteps by your incoming administration, you can feel free to start your own thread and laugh at it as well, if it's funny or inappropriate I'm sure I'll be there laughing with you.. It's just as big a mistake as our (now ex) Liberal leaders grainy, twisted video message..

If you REALLY want to go at it though, I'd love to have a proper battle with those that believe in gods, man walking the earth with dinosaurs, 'afterlife', 'souls' and stuff like that -- I promise to pull no punches and take the best of whatever you can throw at me in return! :)

Vengeance
Prolific

Post by Vengeance » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:28 pm

Man walked on the moon with dinosaurs, not the earth!

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:45 pm

..and just in case someone is actually taking my request to talk about religion seriously: don't! It would be very, very ugly :)

Choppo
Exuberant

Post by Choppo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:04 pm

Wait Dox, next your gonna tell me there's no such thing as Santa [-X

Holyman
Prolific

Post by Holyman » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:40 pm

Vengeance wrote:Man walked on the moon with dinosaurs, not the earth!
I stop trolling for a few days and this is the best someone can replace me with?

Hans
Prolific

Post by Hans » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:58 pm

You need to be specific about what you are loling about. I'm not on your wave length apparently. And I had watched that video long ago, not at the point I responded this time.

A politician makes a statement someone disagrees with or thinks is funny? Happens all the time.

Why don't you find something to say about Obama's Governor from Illinois next. Seems he wanted to Auction a US Senate seat. (Why not on Ebay?) Can't make that up either. Lol.

I wonder how much contact Obama had with the Governor. Atleast he was smart enough to not promise to pay him anything for their choice.

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:08 pm

I promise you that when there's a video of Obama conducting an interview while living cows get their heads punctured by sharp hammers I'll come down even harder on him than I did Palin -- absolutely promise. Hell, I'll even send you a tenner while I'm at it.

Humor
Prolific

Post by Humor » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:13 am

dox wrote:..and just in case someone is actually taking my request to talk about religion seriously: don't! It would be very, very ugly :)
I will.
When some religious soul hunters are at the door and ask If I believe I say "sure".

Just after they relax a bit I state that I believe in a solid broadband internet connexion.
cc// -------------> Never a dull moment!
My Cod_4 Videos
"The juice is worth the squeeze" =>Forrest Griffin, coach TUF07

Shaddowmaster
Prolific

Post by Shaddowmaster » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:38 am

Humor wrote:Just after they relax a bit I state that I believe in a solid broadband internet connexion.
And at the very same moment, somewhere in Sweden, I get an ominous feeling that someone have stated the possible, yet not very probable, thing we've all dreamt about.
Then I call my ISP to see why the hell the connection failed this time :P

Choppo
Exuberant

Post by Choppo » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Your right, you can't make this stuff up....

Palin's Church Set Ablaze

They better look at Emanuel for this job.

With all the hate there is for religion, I'm surprised we don't see more of this.

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Yea, saw that -- if it was a religious+political statement it's a pretty damn reprehensible one. I'm certainly no fan of Palin or religion but this kind of stuff goes way too far.. Proper anti-theists tend to value life more than your average believer so if it was done on purpose I figure it was more likely to be either a political statement or some warring religious faction (or both) that perpetrated the crime. Ugly stuff either way.

ent
Prolific

Post by ent » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:51 pm

dox wrote:Yea, saw that -- if it was a religious+political statement it's a pretty damn reprehensible one. I'm certainly no fan of Palin or religion but this kind of stuff goes way too far.. Proper anti-theists tend to value life more than your average believer so if it was done on purpose I figure it was more likely to be either a political statement or some warring religious faction (or both) that perpetrated the crime. Ugly stuff either way.
This ones way out of left field, but you could also posture that it was one of her supporters trying to drum up sympathy for her.

Choppo
Exuberant

Post by Choppo » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:08 pm

3ntropy wrote:
dox wrote:Yea, saw that -- if it was a religious+political statement it's a pretty damn reprehensible one. I'm certainly no fan of Palin or religion but this kind of stuff goes way too far.. Proper anti-theists tend to value life more than your average believer so if it was done on purpose I figure it was more likely to be either a political statement or some warring religious faction (or both) that perpetrated the crime. Ugly stuff either way.
This ones way out of left field, but you could also posture that it was one of her supporters trying to drum up sympathy for her.
That's like saying Jews attack Jews to drum up sympathy. Come on, did you actually hear/read this? You can posture many things but most of the time they are better off not said.

ent
Prolific

Post by ent » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:02 pm

Choppo wrote:
3ntropy wrote:
That's like saying Jews attack Jews to drum up sympathy. Come on, did you actually hear/read this? You can posture many things but most of the time they are better off not said.
I said it was way out of left field and Palin was falling out of the media spotlight woefully fast prior to this. I just thought of it as an interesting possibility as there are so few people in the corrupt, dysfunctional state they call Alaska, and so few opponents that might actually do something like that would live in that state (or be willing to travel there), speaking statistically.