Did I miss the Obama Bows Thread?

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

Hans
Prolific

Re: Did I miss the Obama Bows Thread?

Post by Hans » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:33 am

:lol:

T_Patch36th
Elite

Post by T_Patch36th » Wed May 06, 2009 4:38 am

The makes the leader of our country (and by association, America) look subservient and/or clueless.

As for the former, the act of bowing itself is not as telling to foreign leaders as the lack of diplomatic skills of our President has. They are always looking for an edge in diplomacy, and that sent a clear message to them that they are dealing with a novice. The sharks may begin to circle.

As for the latter, I am pretty sure that we have a diplomatic corp that is responsible for briefing our President on the do's and don'ts of foreign affairs and diplomacy. Where were they? Didja just send him out cold to that meeting??

And Rank, just becasue I didn't vote for him doesn't mean I can't critique his performance. That doesn't make me a "paranoid Republican". He is my President and I support him 100%.

But let's go easy on the nonverbal cues we toss out there Mr. President. Thank goodness it wasn't the Pope he was meeting. He might have genuflected.
wwii-ww2-hitler-demotivational-post

Smithy
Prolific

Post by Smithy » Mon May 11, 2009 7:35 pm

WHATS UP MY PRESIDENT!!!

lol