I barracked Obama

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

dox
Prolific

I barracked Obama

Post by dox » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:01 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -life.html
The Sun wrote:A BRIT teen who sent an email to the White House calling President Obama a "p***k" has been banned from America FOR LIFE.

The furious FBI asked local cops to tell college student Luke Angel, 17, his drunken insult was "unacceptable". Luke yesterday admitted he fired off a single email criticising the US Government after seeing a TV programme about 9/11.

He said: "I don't remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk. But I think I called Barack Obama a p***k. It was silly - the sort of thing you do when you're a teenager and have had a few."

Luke, of Silsoe, Beds, said it was "a bit extreme" for the FBI to act.

He added: "The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy."
First off: LOL.

Second: Doing something that is legal in *both* the UK and US gets you banned from the US? This in spite of thousands of soldiers putting their lives on the line so that ignorant people can call others pricks anyway..

I'm confused as to what happened here.. (of course, if he inserted any threatening remarks in his drunken e-mail I think I can see why he's been banned..? I'm guessing this is what happened since they mention "threatening language" -- would love to know the specifics! Here's the relevant US Code re: threatening president TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 41 > § 871)

dox
Prolific

Re: I barracked Obama

Post by dox » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:08 pm

..annnnd just a bit after looking in to it more I found a link claiming the story is fake

http://gizmodo.com/5637203/drunk-email- ... a-for-life
Gizmodo wrote:This story reported by the Sun is not true and we apologize for having published it. The FBI doesn't call the local police of a 1,729-people village in Bedfordshire, England, to tell someone is banned from entering the United States.

According to Homeland Security rules, if you are banned from entering the United States, they don't ever tell foreign nationals about it. They just deny you entry at the border because it shows up in your file.—JD
..I thought that was fishy, nice one Sun!

Alien24
Exuberant

Post by Alien24 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Dunno this is a post from the NY Daily News. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2 ... ail_t.html it tell the same thing as your first post.

Smithy
Prolific

Post by Smithy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 pm

it has to be bull shit.. Me and my coworks say barrack obama and is retarded every fucking day... and we are still here... i cant see this being real

Atomic
Opulent

Post by Atomic » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:28 am

Smithy wrote:Me and my coworks say barrack obama and is retarded every fucking day...
Just wait till the men in black suits and sunglasses come for you...

Vengeance
Prolific

Post by Vengeance » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 am

Kinda sounds like something The Onion would post...