iphone 4 or not ?

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

Bradders
Fecund

iphone 4 or not ?

Post by Bradders » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:47 pm

My mobile phone contract has finished, im now getting 3-4 calls aday from my phone company and others for a new upgrade.

ive been offered the iphone 4 free of charge and a reduction of my current tariff, but do i say yes to the iphone or go for a

different phone? i use to be upto date with phones but these day i just dont know, any help would be appreicated

plus the ppl from these call centres are a pain in the arse and rude as hell !

dox
Prolific

Re: iphone 4 or not ?

Post by dox » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Before we get in to phone-wars-hate-game(tm) - what do you want out of it? Does it need to entertain as much as it does work for you?

Atomic
Opulent

Post by Atomic » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:43 pm

If you're considering going for the iphone then I'd recommend holding off for a couple of months if possible - assuming apple stay true to form they should be releasing the next iphone some time in June I believe.

Crystal
Prolific

Post by Crystal » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:27 pm

After months of slating the iphone and not wanting to get on the bandwagon, i finally got one. It was the most amazing thing ever - for about 3 months.

It was amazing for everything apart form making a phone call. The signal was always poor from the start but I overlooked it - after 3 months I had to sit in the same position, in the same place in my house just to be able to get a reception. I tried a friends iphone4 - can you believe, same result. Tried a friends NOKIA - absolutely fine. Vodafone refused to help until 6 months later, when I finally went apeshit at them and threatened to cancel my contract. They offered me an HTC free of charge due to the amount of complaints they had recieved, and I've never looked back. The apple software is fast, and pretty - but I will never ever own another phone made by them.

There are 2 supposedly great phones which i'd check out before you make your decision, the first is the HTC Desire HD, and the Samsung Galaxy-S (i think thats it!). Both use android. The apps are similiar and in most cases better - you can even get on mumble using android :P

Mothy
Intermediate poster

Post by Mothy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:41 am

I have to agree with crystal... I've had my 3gs for a year or so? Don'd really remember but the phone looks overall pretty etc and the wlan works perf. \:D/ But when you need to use the internet, for the lobe of god dont mobe and try npt to move your hands too much on phone because 3g will drop to no signal :oops:

This is my first and will be my last product from them unless i get one free, or they improve drastically :evil:

WolfPack
Exuberant

Post by WolfPack » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:20 pm

dude i have the droid x, the only thing i have to say against it is its battery life

An army of sheep led by a lion, can defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.

How much we ought to dread the jaws of hell, if the jaws of so small an animal as a wolf can make a whole city tremble through fear

Bradders
Fecund

Post by Bradders » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:33 pm

the main reason i like the iphone is because of itunes (audio books especially) thats my main reason to go for the iphone 4 and im not sure i can be bothered to wait for the iphone 5