US credit rating on fire

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

NoOutsTwice
Fecund

US credit rating on fire

Post by NoOutsTwice » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Here in the US we don't have to destroy our own stuff anymore. Our do-nothing Congress has proven they can do it for us.

In the wake of this unprecedented disaster they have resumed arguing and playing the blame game in lieu of finding solutions or getting on with the business of good governance. Democracy fail +1.
win with honor

Smithy
Prolific

Re: US credit rating on fire

Post by Smithy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:41 pm

yuuup.. pretty sad indeed.. dunno about the rest of you but in my house hold when we spend more money then we bring home there is a problem. Shouldnt be that fucking hard Washington

redfireant3
Prolific

Post by redfireant3 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:58 pm

it just money we can just print more if you shift the blame and promise not to do it again. But seriously, could the US really reverse what has happened in the past 20-30 years?

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Pull up your socks and get to work people -- your neighbours to the north enjoyed a surplus but y'all're raining on us big time..

keK
Prolific

Post by keK » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Smithy wrote:yuuup.. pretty sad indeed.. dunno about the rest of you but in my house hold when we spend more money then we bring home there is a problem. Shouldnt be that fucking hard Washington
Yeah, because building the Eiffel Tower was no problem right? it's just a fucking building made out of metal n shit. lol.

Smithy
Prolific

Post by Smithy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:42 pm

keK wrote:
Smithy wrote:yuuup.. pretty sad indeed.. dunno about the rest of you but in my house hold when we spend more money then we bring home there is a problem. Shouldnt be that fucking hard Washington
Yeah, because building the Eiffel Tower was no problem right? it's just a fucking building made out of metal n shit. lol.

What? Obviously kek you most not have to budget your income to pay for all your bills or something.. Things haven't changed in Washington because bold change = unfavored with a pretty significant voting population.. our politicians are just playing the game so they can get reelected and keep the back door cash flowing.

keK
Prolific

Post by keK » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm just saying, it's not as simple as "Oh lawl, we're spending more than we make, lets cut spending". I think the last time the budget / fiscal spending was 'decent' for a presidents term was when Clinton was in office.

http://clinton5.nara.gov/WH/Accomplishm ... rs-03.html

Enjoy.

And of course shit isn't going to get done. We know how the 'system' works. The lobbyist, the fancy cars, endorsements, free gifts, bribes, etc; as well as getting re-elected. I mean, tbh, OUR vote, yours and mine when it comes to electing the president, doesn't really matter what-so-ever.

For those who know politics, the grand thing called, 'electoral college' pretty much decides it for us. Just the people in that 'electoral college' try to make their picks based on what national party they are apart of and by looking at the poll results by their state so they can vote in the majority and get re-elected to represent their state in congress. As you said, they're more worried about covering their asses rather than helping out the greater good.

And me not having a budget has absolutely no relevance what-so-ever. I'm not ignorant nor a retarded typical american who gets shit fed to them on a silver platter and says "omg fix the middle east, just bomb it all n shit, nuke it".

You're the one with a wife and kid, YOU should know just cutting spending isn't /that/ easy without having necessities and such. sometimes you can't just control it whether your electric or water bill has been spiked or taxes, or spending to keep your wife and kid happy, etc.

Smithy
Prolific

Post by Smithy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:20 pm

keK wrote: You're the one with a wife and kid, YOU should know just cutting spending isn't /that/ easy without having necessities and such. sometimes you can't just control it whether your electric or water bill has been spiked or taxes, or spending to keep your wife and kid happy, etc.

Yes i cant control the rates.. but I CAN CONTROL our use.. and were our money is spent.,. O look 30$ increase in electric.. guess i shouldn't buy booze/cigarets/games etc. i have priorities to take care of my family before i indulge in the want column. And its not a easy fix.. i have once said it would be fixed overnight.. i just said they need to open their fucking eyes Cant spend more money then we bring in. We need to stop sending foreign aid out.. we cant afford it.. we need to bring home our troops we cant afford it.. we need to nationalize healthcare..(or something) cause we cant afford the entitlement programs.. we need to cut the war on drugs (mainly Weed this is coming from an anti weed person fyi) we cant afford it. there are tons and tons of wasted money.