Kerry vs. Bush

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

Who?

Kerry
50%
Bush
50%

Total votes: 32

dox
Prolific

Kerry vs. Bush

Post by dox » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:42 pm

I know this is a topic everyone has something to say about, and I know we've tip-toed away from stuff like this 'cause it gets heated, but, ah, what, me worry? Just don't take anything personally guys and be nice..

My vote? Well, as a Canadian and looking out for Canada I'd support Bush. If I were an American I'd support Kerry. As a citizen of the planet, I'd support Kerry.

Shaddowmaster
Prolific

Post by Shaddowmaster » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:16 pm

despite he forgot about poland, I vote for Kerry....

to make it short: Bush had his 4 years, he blew it, let the new guy try

weebles
Elite

Post by weebles » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:14 pm

Screw that with Kerry ... there hasn't been a 9/11 attack since and I work in downtown Tulsa in a 50 story office building on the 29th floor.

If Kerry wins guess I'll have to bring my parachute ...

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:21 pm

weebles wrote:Screw that with Kerry ... there hasn't been a 9/11 attack since and I work in downtown Tulsa in a 50 story office building on the 29th floor.

If Kerry wins guess I'll have to bring my parachute ...
Inversely: If it wasn't for the Bushes you wouldn't have had 9/11 happen..

Vengeance
Prolific

Post by Vengeance » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:56 pm

Just saw Farenheit 9/11. Didn't sway my opinion one bit. Bush!

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:21 pm

Vengeance wrote:Just saw Farenheit 9/11. Didn't sway my opinion one bit. Bush!
He likes Bush better than Kerry and .7 better than DCF..

Vengeance
Prolific

Post by Vengeance » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:26 pm

lol yeah, jus how i am

g0ose
Prolific

Post by g0ose » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:53 pm

if i could vote, i'd have to go for bush. the country was going to shambles but the employment rate has improved, the deficit, despite being huge, is better than everyone was predicting, and it seems to me like things are improving. kerry says everything will get better but i'm not hearing how. after listening to the debates, he says he's gonna do a lot, but he hasn't told me how he's gonna go about accomplishing those things. there are all these "plans" but that's about as in-depth as it gets. no offense to anybody here, but his whole "appease the world" thing doesn't sit right with me, either. he talks about how this and that are the worst in the history of the US and the worst of any president, and most of that can be attributed to that fact that he's the only president to have 9/11 happen while he's in office. also, i might even have to agree with the flip-flopping thing. i'm really confused on his stance with the war in iraq. it truly does seem like he changes day to day. i also tend to agree with bush as far as general policies like abortion and the likes. just my opinion

g0ose
Prolific

Post by g0ose » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:33 pm

dox wrote: Image
it's sad how people like him overshadow my political views and opinions

redfireant3
Prolific

Post by redfireant3 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:45 pm

i would vote for mickey mouse!

Atlas
Prolific

Post by Atlas » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:46 pm

I vote for...

Living in Canada!

silvertoes
Elite

Post by silvertoes » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:35 am

1) goose = that was before you even posted...it had nothing to do with your post.
2) kerry a flip-flop??
were you even listening to the debates? kerry totally said what he was about: "i disagreed with the war, but since we're in it - i'll win it. " unlike bush who leaves your army understaffed, under-equipped, under planned, and under-every-fricking-thing that could be...

the country was NOT going to shambles before bush took over. unemployement was down, inflation was at a normal increase, the budget was in a postive number.
...and you wouldn't even consider BUSH if 9/11 hadn't 't happened. he's a hack of the worst sort - he can't even formulate a sentance, nevermind a good policy...

the guys's a loser, and seems to be on puppet strings.

he can't answer a question, except to refute it with what's wrong with kerry (and he says the same three things OVER AND OVER again....)

bush has no real opinions on anything except war mongering...

he didn't listen to the UN.
he didn't listen to the world.
he didn't even listen to the advice of his daddy- not to go into iraq to stay.

he doesn't respect any past alliances that the US has made hard-fought (even with canada, he snubs us at every opportuinty...)

he seems to have no end-game goal or plan.
he doesn't even really have a thought of how they'll deal with iraq once they're "free"...(exceot to make a billiobn bucks off them with contracts and lucrative oil rights and all)

the man is an idiot.

and even if you agree with his thoughts, you MUST agree with the fact that he is a lousy speaker, a lame thought-provoking policitican, and thus a lousy leader.

if you think the rest of the world has always "hated america" think again. this is a new thing, based on the thoughts and direction of your current leader...
and every else supposing that the rest think (or at least support his thoughts) like he...

sorry if that's harsh. i didn't mean to be,
but maybe to promote some more thoughts and bones in the discussion...

Crymson
Prolific

Post by Crymson » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:05 am

all gov'ts are making way to much money now because of gasoline taxes. Canada made 7 billion dollars extra this year.

Shaddowmaster
Prolific

Post by Shaddowmaster » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:48 am

even after just a year as president, there was a book full of all the stupid things Bush said, or did, and all the things bush said or pronomnsed wrong...

that's proof that an idiot reached a too high post
Silvertoes wrote:seems to be on puppet strings.
soooooooooooo true...

he doesn't even seem to know what he's saying, in his own speeches...

I say Bush is a joker, and his time is over, let in kerry....

(btw, bush is against abortions, right? because in that case, I have another reason why I'm against bush. I think abortion should be allowed. It's not up to the president to decide, it's to the person who considers it.)

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:59 pm

Thing is for me that for every reason someone can put up supporting Bush, there's about two I can think of to counter that. Just the mere fact that Kerry's got no experience as a President gives him an edge in my eyes. I certainly hope most Americans are using more sources for their information to form their opinions rather than relying on the debates alone. Fact is that you don't get a new page every time you refresh Kerry's web site, so the flip-flopping accusation is more Bush propaganda. Details and plans exist on both web sites.. And just FYI: it seems that both parties' economic plans are fux0r3d..

You didn't hear how Kerry planned to do x, y and z in the debates? Funny, I didn't hear Bush's detailed plans either.. The debates don't allow the guys to get in to that..