Get Your Yellow Journalism Here!

Philosophy and Politics, from Aristotle to Trudeau, discussions that cover the gamut from civilizations, societies, how they're run and why we're here.

Moderator: Staff

RingoCalamity
Prolific

Get Your Yellow Journalism Here!

Post by RingoCalamity » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:04 pm

Apparently Fox News wasn't enough, the Pentagon feels it needs to get its side of the story out there.

I like how they're targeting 'small and medium-sized newspapers and TV stations'. Like rural America isn't pro-war enough already. I'm sure I could come up with some sort of joke about how the army feels bummed out from all the Americans getting their news from Al Jazeera, but I won't.

On the other hand, maybe this means more Apache videos.

g0ose
Prolific

Post by g0ose » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:37 pm

probably feel that people will trust this more and therefore get more control over the media. def don't agree with "rural america" stereotype. are you implying they are ignorant and therefore pro-war? explain.

RingoCalamity
Prolific

Post by RingoCalamity » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:17 pm

I'm not saying that rural American's ignorant, but I guess I do feel that rural americans in general tend to be more conservative, traditional, and hawkish - that they're more likely to support Bush's war. After all, rural America is overwhelmingly Republican.

g0ose
Prolific

Post by g0ose » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:06 pm

yeah the majority are republican, but i don't know if they support the war. although i guess that it's a safe bet that if it was a republican or a democrat, that the republican would be more likely a war-supporter.