Batman: Let 'er rip!

Arts & Entertainment, Computing, Science & Technology

Moderator: Staff

dox
Prolific

Batman: Let 'er rip!

Post by dox » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Tomorrow's the big day, well, technically tonight one minute after midnight -- I've been down with the flu for a while but this morning finds me on the mend -- I'm fortunate enough to have an IMAX theatre a few minutes away from me; anyone else getting excited?

mini
Prolific

Re: Batman: Let 'er rip!

Post by mini » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:34 pm

yeah i like the bail/ledger battle. it looks like a good one. lot more gritty than the polished ones of the past
small and fierce.........
Alienware 15 R3
6700HQ, 16 gig DDR4 @2667, 1060 GTX 6 gig, 128 SSD boot, 1000 gig Storage.

billflu
Prolific

Post by billflu » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:48 pm

IMAX 7 minutes away here, but I might not see it in theaters... I'm cheap and can enjoy a movie at home for close to nothing... although Wall-E on a digital projector, I'll have to admit, was pretty good.

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Yea, I'll admit, I'm a fanboy -- though I'll wait for pretty much any other movie, every Batman film has been a must-see for me (yes, imagine how horribly I felt after the Arnie one, lol).. Being filmed in the IMAX format makes it doubly-so!

BlackHawk5
Prolific

Post by BlackHawk5 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:38 pm

I'm excited about it too, but I don't know when I'll see it. What I'm really excited about though, is that this one was shot in Chicago.... Chi town baby!

ent
Prolific

Post by ent » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:46 pm

Oh my god, I seriously can't think of a movie I liked more than the Dark Knight.

** SPOILERS [select to read them] **

* Grats to Nolan for making an entire movie theater laugh its collective ass off at an exploding hospital

* Oh my god the nurse outfit was hilarious

* Pencil trick!

* Oh god that entire chase scene with the Tumbler dragging that dump truck through the roof of the overpass and the semi flip and oh god

* "I believe that whatever doesn't kill you only makes you ... stranger."

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:18 am

Ok, here we go: Wow. IMAX was breathtaking and surprisingly often used. I highly suggest holding out as I did to see it in the [Canadian! :)] format. Fantastic film. Very, very rare that I get my money's worth at the movies: this time I got more.

Vengeance
Prolific

Post by Vengeance » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:20 am

After watching this film I could only think of one word to describe it. And nothing more is needed.

Wow.

Lex
Prolific

Post by Lex » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:47 am

3ntropy wrote:Oh my god, I seriously can't think of a movie I liked more than the Dark Knight.
lol, I sure can. I really liked the movie but it wasn't THAT good. Heath Ledger was amazing, too bad everyone else including Christian Bale was pretty average. I liked the story but I'm not sure if I liked how it was told. What makes Nolan's Batman better than previous ones for me is how Batman in his movies is more realistic and therefore believable. I really liked the new Joker, who seemed (I never thought I'd say this) much more twisted than Burton's. I'm looking forward to the next one, hopefully with a new super sexy Catwoman.

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:33 pm

It certainly had some flaws:
- Bale's Batman voice (lol)
- Well lit shots of Batmans cowl (way too fat)
- The 'evil' side of Two-Face (c'mon, a little wetter)
..annnnnd that's all I've got thus far :)

Lex
Prolific

Post by Lex » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:06 pm

What? I loved Bale's voice as Batman. It made him seem even more mysterious and fearful and not...well gay, like George Clooney. Man, that eye on the evil side of Two-Face gave me the creeps. Talking about flaws, that scene on one of the ferries where people decided to vote was just plain stupid. Also I didn't like the design of Batman's bike but I guess you can't expect much from a bike that's been a part of the Batmobile just a few moments ago.

jackash
Prolific

Post by jackash » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:56 am

Lex wrote:What? I loved Bale's voice as Batman. It made him seem even more mysterious and fearful and not...well gay, like George Clooney. Man, that eye on the evil side of Two-Face gave me the creeps. Talking about flaws, that scene on one of the ferries where people decided to vote was just plain stupid. Also I didn't like the design of Batman's bike but I guess you can't expect much from a bike that's been a part of the Batmobile just a few moments ago.
This is how it was for me

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc[/youtube]

RingoCalamity
Prolific

Post by RingoCalamity » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:43 am

Good video, it would have been better like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYp33lD_RWw[/youtube]

Batman with Tourette's.

XtracerD
Elite

Post by XtracerD » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:15 am

So now that everyone has seen the movie an think it's great, it's time to look at the BAD SIDE OF BATMAN (yes, there is one). A movie that is two and a half hours long is a PAIN to manage when you work at a cinema, I've had the most fucked up schedule the past month or so due to this wonderful movie being released, not to mention the nights I got home at 12 because the thing had to end lol. Otherwise, thumbs up.