Fecund

Re: Brink

Post by Bradders » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:29 pm

im very interested in this, will be watching it closely

jackash
Prolific

Post by jackash » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Been waiting for this forever! hope its good & fun.

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Ok, WHY are people looking forward to this? I've looked at screenshots and videos and it looks like a bit of a TF2 but with worse creative direction, muddier textures.. To add to it it's got to be a console port and it's published by Bethesda (which did a HORRIBLE job with Fallout New Vegas). WHAT IS DRIVING THE HYPE HERE?! Someone help me?!? If it's TF2-like gameplay with worse graphics and put out by a company with a track record that has no hopes in hell of reaching Valve standards and it's a console port.. I mean.. what gives?

[email protected]|con
Elite

Post by [email protected]|con » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Add in the fact, Bethesda just released a patch to fix things in Fallout New Vegas on consoles....And that patch broke the game even more. This game doesn't look all that great to be quite honest. And what is driving the hype is simply marketing dollars. They can simply afford to show the parts of their game that don't suck or aren't broken haha.

Smithy
Prolific

Post by Smithy » Sun May 01, 2011 3:41 am

to me its just because it "looks" okie.. and its a team based shooter.. and i personally dont like the direction TF2 has gone with all the silly Hats and Weapons now adays.. sure they are not in matches but cant even pub that damn game :(

jackash
Prolific

Post by jackash » Sun May 01, 2011 11:51 am

i'll be picking this up looking forward to it.

dox
Prolific

Post by dox » Sun May 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Hey, I'm not trolling -- I'm just looking for a reason to pick it up if I'm missing out on something! jack: what's the deal? how come? (smithy: brink has unlockable weapons and clothes as well)

jackash
Prolific

Post by jackash » Sun May 01, 2011 3:56 pm

dox wrote:Hey, I'm not trolling -- I'm just looking for a reason to pick it up if I'm missing out on something! jack: what's the deal? how come? (smithy: brink has unlockable weapons and clothes as well)
Ive been watching it since it was announced and it looks fun. Who knows it might be successful... I need a solid MP game that's fun until BF3 so hopefully this might be the one.

Enef
Fecund

Post by Enef » Sun May 01, 2011 5:12 pm

I've been watching Brink for a long time. It looks like a LOT of fun. They seem to be ticking a lot of boxes.

[ ]Steam based dedicated server software
[ ]Dynamic class based weapons system
[ ]Cool little gimmicky button that allows interesting styles of movement
[ ]Nice little graphical style
[ ]Dynamic, objective based gameplay (as in, you have a bunch of different objectives at different times as different classes)
[ ]Supposedly they are focusing on a competitive side of the game too.

Even if they fail the last one it should be a fun pubbing experience (my old community is going to be hosting their own server most likely, so i should be able to get easy access to a decent game all the time) if it succeeds with the last one then it may steal quite a few TF2 competitive players, maybe.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

Sometimes Glass Shimmers More Than Diamonds Because It Has More To Prove.

hykleri

Post by hykleri » Mon May 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Brink is the new game of Splash Damage, who made Enemy Territory, and that game is still somewhat alive, and has a better comp scene than most of the games. Trust me, I played Enemy Territory and ET:Quake Wars as well, and this is not going to be anywhere near like TF2. You need much much more teamwork, communication and brain to be good, as there are objectives on the map, and not every class can do them as in TF2, where you can basically win a game with only scouts or whatever.

Every video has shown console version, but that doesn't mean that every version is going to be the same, as they've been making the xbox360, ps3 and pc version simultainously.
I actually preordered it on d2d and i can't wait to play this game. And will have a big comp scene, and only depends on a promod and lans, but trust mate, there is a chance that this game is going to go big.

Havoc
Prolific

Post by Havoc » Wed May 04, 2011 12:50 am

I'll have to pass of this one. Don't like TF2 at all and not going to like this game. If any of you hated the Dolphin Diving in BF you will really hate this new sliding option in this game. GLHF.

demsii

Post by demsii » Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 pm

We've actually been discussing to move on to Brink .. Seeing some us are somewhat "meh" about tf2 currently .. :O

Vengeance
Prolific

Post by Vengeance » Thu May 05, 2011 9:24 pm

demsii wrote:Seeing some us are somewhat "meh" about tf2 currently .. :O
It's taken you long enough! Don't worry, it took me a while before TF2 was no the greatest thing ever too! :D